Monday, December 30, 2013

December 30, 2013

Hi family,

Well another week has flown by and we are starting transfer #5. I always have told myself to get to 6 months in the mission then see how things go. Well I almost have 7 months in the mission....CRAZY!!! The next 6 months are really going to determine how fast the last 17 months will go by. 

So I am going to give you a hint for transfer facts. I am staying in Whittier, Elder Beck is staying in Whittier, but Elder Beck is getting a new companion. Confused? Haha don't worry we were shocked when we got the transfer facts. So Elder Beck is staying in our area and will get a new companion, then I am going to a different area in the same zone. Ya it was a little weird when we heard that, I have never heard of a missionary staying in the same zone, but different area. It will be funny when we do exchanges, I will already know the investigators and area. So ya that is that. Kinda weird, but is what the Lord needs.

SO Christmas was good. Like I said we were at our Ward Mission Leaders house to skype home. Afterwords we met up with the other missionaries in our zone and watched a movie. Then we ate 2 dinners that night with members, and caroled again. Then later that night, we opened up our presents. Thank you for all the gifts and everything. I really could feel of your love for me, and am so grateful for all that you do for me. I hope that you all had a good Christmas and are ready for 2014.

This week my testimony was strengthened about prayer. So the day after Christmas,  I was super worried that I would have a hard time getting back to work. Thankfully we had our District meeting and weekly planning session that day. But afterwords I was super worried that we wouldn't be able to find anyone and have a super rough night. I remember just begging the Lord to help me have the desire to work, and that we would be busy the entire night. And it happened! We were able to teach the entire night, and also were able to pick up a former investigator and her family. All 3 lessons were super powerful, and we really did help these people learn more about the Gospel. 

I know for a fact that the Lord answers our prayers. I know it because He answered my prayer that night. I know that we can go to the Lord with any question, assistance, or desire and He will answer our prayers. I am so grateful for this opportunity that I had to see the Lord bless me in this great work. I know that He is guiding His church on the Earth today, and is guiding the missionary work. He guides us everyday to those ready to accept His gospel, and will provide the means for them to accept it. I am so grateful to be His missionary and look forward to helping the work progress in my new area.

Love you all, 
Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment