Monday, January 5, 2015

January 5, 2015



Happy New Year!! Feliz Ano Nuevo!!

Wow, raise your hand if 2014 passed by super fast. My hand is raised so high that it is touching the ceiling. The thought of 2015 has always been in the back of my mind ever since we started 2014, but now it is in full board since we have started the new year. To be honest, it doesn't feel like it was that long when I went with Elder Awerkamp to his area in Whittier and we tore it up there. Now a year later, Elder Brown and I are tearing it up here in Long Beach. The mission is amazing and I am loving every single moment to help others feel of our Savior's love for them.

Sounds like you all had an exciting New Years Eve and the days following it. I am guessing that Dad partied too much and had a bit of a hangover the following day :P Things were pretty chill here in Long Beach during New Years Eve. It was a regular work day for us that day, but we found almost nobody home. Plus I was kinda nervous because it is Long Beach and New Years Eve. But our neighbors were sure to help us welcome in the new year at midnight with airhorns, fireworks and vulgar language. So ya Happy New Year!!

So we had a really good week this week. Last Monday until Tuesday we did exchanges with our DL but it was a little different. So the First Presidency has changed up how we do exchanges in the mission and instead of just switching and still working in the two areas, both companionships will work in one area, most likely the DL's area. But instead we did it the other way were our DL and his comp came to our area to help us out. To be honest, I didn't have the greatest attitude towards it because I wasn't sure that we would have enough plans to do. But it actually turned out to be a really good exchange. We found like crazy and I had a blast with Elder Whetten, our DL's companion. We kept saying that we are going to go whitewash an area in Whittier.

This week was a really good finding week. We found 2 new investigators that are super solid, plus we found some solid potentials and have return appointments with them later this week. I definitely noticed a difference in the way we were working. It started with Elder Whetten and I talking with almost everyone. I really learned from Elder Whetten how to be brief and powerful with people. That experience carried into the rest of the week and we just found alot more people to teach. Such a cool miracle to see how the example of other missionaries can help others, and how talking with everyone can really help you find new people.

So ya that was mostly what happened this week. Yesterday we had church at a bright and early 8:00 am starting with Sacrament meeting followed by the classes. I was actually surprised because alot of the members were 5 minutes early and we only started 5 minutes late because we were waiting for the sacrament to get set up. I think more members were more awake than I was because I was pretty exhausted during the entire block. So hopefully a couple more sundays of this schedule I will be able to adjust to the schedule.

Well, that pretty much is everything. Thanks for the updates! Elder Petersen and I are pretty excited that there will be a new mission in Logan. Maybe there will be more Spanish missionaries so that I can go on splits with them and keep my spanish up to date. I really hope you all have a great 2015!

Love,

Elder Roberts

P.S. How did everyone do with the Book of Mormon challenge? I finished it right on the 31st of December and loved every minute of it. Right now I have started over and am now looking for Christ-like Attributes while using the study guide I got for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment