Monday, May 18, 2015

May 18th, 2015 ~ THE FINALE!!

Hello Everyone,

So yep here it is, the last email I will send as a full-time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Because this is my last email, and I will be home in less than 24 hours, I will keep this email short. But that just means I have to share things more in person when I get back, so you can hold me accountable for it.

So this week we had our Temple Trip with President and Sister Tew and the other departing missionaries. It was one of the most spiritual temple trips I have ever had in a long time, also one of the most fun trips. It was a blast being with the missionaries with whom I have served and labored so diligently to bring forth the Gospel to all the World. TO think that we started together 2 years ago is crazy, but also one of the greatest feelings ever. I am so grateful for the opportunity to have served with such amazing Elders and Sisters in the Great California Long Beach Mission.

The rest of the this week was teaching, saying goodbye, and eating dinner with those amazing brothers and sisters of God's Eternal Family. On Thursday I was able to visit with la familia Sobrinho and eat dinner with them. It was actually a really good visit and they asked if I could remember them in my prayers so that one day they can return to Church. That alone showed to me that they know the Church is true, they have just let worldly doubts shake their testimony. I know that God will provide that way for them to continue in this path and keep developing that seed which is planted in them.

Also on Thursday I learned how to make Tinga, finally, with one of our investigator, Angelica, and her daughter, Lesley. This is an awesome family that cares so much for missionaries and I love them so much. Lesley is a member but her mom isn't because she is making big changes in her life in order to join the church. But they love the church and have made giant steps to come closer to our Heavenly Father. It was a great visit with them.

So Sunday was the Departure Fireside for us departing missionaries. I was trying so hard to convince myself and a few others that it wasn't my departure fireside. But it was a great fireside and it was great to see so many amazing people whom I have met, served, and learned with. It was a very bitter sweet moment, but also one of the most spiritual moments as well. Also one of the most stressful moments as well. After the actual fireside got done, we all went into the gym to say goodbye to people and take pictures. Well, as I walked into the gym I couldn't find my camera... I had used it to take a couple pictures before the fireside so I knew I had it, but then I couldn't find it after words. Thankfully Elder Obray had his camera and we were able to use it. After that we went back into the chapel and I found it on the stand.

Ok so that was pretty much the highlights of the week. These past 2 years have literally been the best 2 years of my life. I can not imagine my life without having served a mission here in the California Long Beach Mission. I know that God lives and loves everyone of His children. He has a perfect plan for all of us and knows what will make us happy. I know that through His Son, Jesus Christ, we can become cleaned from the wrong in our life and be worthy to return to our Heavenly Father. I know that the Church that Jesus Christ established was lost for a time, but it has been Restored through a living Prophet. I know that the Book of Mormon is a powerful book of scripture to plainly teach us the Doctrine of Christ and know our Savior. It is also that convincing evidence that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God called to restore the true church of Jesus Christ.

I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for calling me to this great work. This amazing work has not only changed the lives of those I have met, but it has also changed my life. There will be a different Elder Roberts coming off the plane then the Elder Roberts that entered the MTC 2 years ago. I am so grateful for such a loving family and their support towards me and my companions. I am grateful for amazing friends who have set the example for me and have shown their love to me as well. I hope that you all can feel of my love and appreciation towards all of you. While it was Elder Roberts serving in the California Long Beach Mission, he had a large support crew with him the entire way.

Well.... This is it..... It is a very bitter sweet moment, but I know that our Heavenly Father has a plan and will provide the rest of the way. I am so grateful for all this things. Thank you all for everything...

We will see you all tomorrow.

Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment