Monday, July 1, 2013

June 24, 2013

Dear Family and Friends,

Coming up on my halfway mark here at the MTC! Definitely is going by fast, and definitely getting more excited to get to Long Beach and begin serving. The Spanish is definitely getting better and I have started using it a lot more now compared to three weeks ago.

So I don't know about you guys, but I felt spiritually uplifted from the Broadcast on Sunday. I also felt more compelled to do all I can to invite others to come unto Christ. It was extremely cool being in the same building as the Apostles, especially so close to them. It definitely strengthened my testimony that those men are called of God to be personal witnesses of His gospel. Even though the message was directed more towards the members, it just got me more anxious to get out and start working with the members to bring everyone into the Fold. I really hope everyone will heed the words of the prophet and Apostles. This is a great work; and the joy that comes from it is indescribable and is something that everyone can experience.

So I met my mission President of Saturday and his wife. He is a really awesome man and is truly devoted to the work of the Lord. One interesting fact he said was that 60% of our mission is English speaking, 39% Spanish, and 1% Cambodian. I was surprised that it is mostly English but really hope that I can learn the Spanish language and teach more in Spanish. Our mission president has spent a majority of his adulthood with a church calling, most recently as a stake president. So he is truly one with the Lord and His work, and I can't wait to get out and work with him in sharing the gospel with everyone. He has a great vision for what is going to happen and I am grateful to have the opportunity to labor with him in the Lord's vineyard.

Hope all is well!

Elder Roberts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment