Monday, September 30, 2013

September 30, 2013

Hi guys,
 
Man this week has been pretty wild and fun. But can you believe that this is my last week in this transfer, and in my training? These last 4 weeks have just flown by it is crazy. I just can't believe that I am in my last week of my training, and almost done with my 2nd transfer. 1/8 of the way done I guess. Elder Kunz is trying to curse me and say I will be training next transfer. I don't believe him, but if their is anyone who can place that curse it is Elder Kunz. Including me, he has trained 6 times. So we will see we get leadership calls on Wednesday and transfer calls on Saturday.
 
So last P-day Elder Kunz and I, along with another companionship, went to the Aquarium in Long Beach. It is the same one we went to the last time we went to Disneyland. It was so cool to see it again, and how amazing everything is. I attached a few pictures to this email. Two things I learned from this trip: first how beautiful God's creations are, and how blessed we are to be on this earth. It truly is beautiful and it is amazing how organized everything is and how everything works in it's own atmosphere. The second thing I learned is California drivers are super scary, and there is absolutely now parking available in Long Beach. We spent a good 30 minutes driving around trying to find parking for the aquarium. But overall it was a great experience and one I enjoyed.
 
So the highlight of the week was definitely the confirmation of the Sobrinho family yesterday. We had also taught them during the week about the priesthood and both Carlos and Nathan received the priesthood yesterday. It was such a cool experience to finally have a convert and how much happy their are now. So I had the opportunity to confirm Carlos and Solange, and boy was I super nervous. Everything went super well though, and the Spirit was super strong. Talking with the Bishop after words, he said that it appeared I was more calm with the confirmation of Solange, and talked more fluently in Spanish. He truly believed that I was in tune with the Spirit and was giving specific blessings for her. To be honest I felt just as nervous and was just trying hard to be in tune with the Spirit.
 
I will say though my testimony about fasting was strengthened yesterday. It was our fast and testimony meeting because of General Conference next week. For yesterday I was fasting to have the Spirit with me with these confirmations and to be able to speak in Spanish good enough so that they could understand me. I really believe that the Lord blessed my fast and I did come a little closer to our Heavenly Father through fasting. Looking back, I was not good at fasting before the mission and was basically starving myself. But now I have really learned the importance of fasting, and prayer, and how we can come closer to our Heavenly Father through fasting.
 
Well that is pretty much everything. Stay tune next week for the possibility for a leadership call or transfer. To be honest I really think I will stay here, possibly with Elder Kunz, and stay the Junior Companion. But like the hymn says "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go".
 
Elder Roberts 

No comments:

Post a Comment