Tuesday, January 14, 2014

January 13th, 2014




Hi everyone,
 
Well after a crazy first week of the transfer, working in a trio and two areas, Elder Beck's companion, Elder Halford, arrived to the mission and we split up the trio. So my companion for this transfer is Elder Awerkamp from Orem Utah. He has been in the mission for 7 months, in fact we entered the MTC and the mission field on the same day. So it is a little wierd working with an Elder who has the same amount of time as me. But we are doing good. This past week was a really good week. We found 3 new people to teach, and passed by alot of less-actives in our area. But slowly, and surely, I am starting to gget comfortable with our area, the people, and everything. Still is a little wierd working in the area right next to my old area. But hey the Lord works in mysterious ways.
 
So to answer you questions about the gift cards. One did have 50.00 on it and the other had 10.00 on it. Overall I received 100.00 worth of gift card money to walmart for Christmas. It has been super nice to not have to use any of my mission funds, and personal funds, to buy food. Usually I spend about 20.00 a week which is sufficient. Thank you so much for the cards and everything.
 
That is so cool you guys saw Kyle again in Sam's Club. I received an email from him today and was super excited to hear from him. Still can't believe he finished his mission, but happy that he served a good mission. I know that he did alot of good down in Brazil and has grown so much from the mission.
 
Well this week we had probably one of the most spiritual lessons I have ever had so far on the mission. It was last monday, we were teaching an investigator in Elder Beck's area about the restoration. Previously we had a difficult time getting to the first vision just because she always had crazy questions. But this time we were able to get to it, and I had the opportunity of sharing Joseph Smith's experience with her. As I did, you could feel the Spirit just fill the room with every word I shared. It was such a powerful moment, and I know that the investigator felt something.
 
The feelings that were in the room at that moment were undescribable. I truly did feel of the power of the First Vision, and the Spirit testifying of the experience Joseph Smith had that day in 1820. It was a moment that I will never forget, nor deny. I know without a shadow of a doubt that Joseph Smith saw our Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ. I know that through him, Christ restored His church again on the Earth. We have a living prophet leading the Church today, and we have Christ who is guiding His Church and each and every one of us in our every day lives. This is His church, this is His gospel, and one that if we build on it, we will have power to overcome any trial in our lives.
 
Thank you so much for all of your love and support. I truly do feel of you love and support every day, and know it helps me work harder than the day before. I hope the Lord continues to bless you and guide you all in your own labors. Put you trust in Him, and He will guide you in all things.
 
Elder Roberts
 
p.s. Just thought I would introduce you to Elder Richey. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment