Monday, January 27, 2014

January 27th, 2014

Hey everyone,
 
Well the good thing about Temple Tuesday is that the next P-Day comes much faster. I have no idea where this last week has gone. It feels like three days ago I just emailed you guys. I don't know how it has felt for you all, but it has gone by way too fast.
 
That is so cool that you were able to go to the temple last week as well. It truly is a blessing to have temples in the world today. I definitely encourage everyone to go to the temple at least once a month. There is so much joy and happiness that comes from serving in the temple. And even more important, the Spirit that is in the temple is so strong it is amazing. So go often!
 
We do have and Elder Lund in this mission. If it is the same Elder Lund I am thinking of, he is serving in the zone right next to us. If I remember correctly he is actually from the south end of the valley, and attended Mt. Crest. Also if it is the same Elder Lund, he was MTC companions with my last companion Elder Beck. So ya you will have to let me know if it is the same. He would have been out a year at the end of this month.
 
That is awesome that Morgan is back home. It truly is a testimony builder about fasting. I know for a fact that the Lord was watching over her and is helping her on her road to recovery. I don't know if you guys are in the same ward or not, or if you see them at all. But if you do, tell her that I am keeping her in my prayers and hope that she will continue to recovery.
 
Well enough about crazy wordly stuff. Just a quick update for the week. Nothing to crazy has happened this past week. We have been working really hard to find new people to teach and to help others come unto Christ. We were able to find a new investigator through a member and he is bomb. His name is Junior and he is actually the grandson of a member in our ward. We were pretty excited to get a member referral and to have it go through. We are definitely seeing that member referrals are the way to go to find new people. Plus it really helps us get out and meet the members in our area.
 
I can't remember if I told you all that last weekend we had our Stake conference? Our stake is implementing a really cool idea to help members get involved in missionary work. In our Saturday session they had stuff for the members to make their own " Member Missionary Kits" which is a brilliant idea. Basically it is a gallon sized ziplock bag full of pass along cards, pass along Book of Mormons, and pamphlets. So the members choose what items they wanted in their kit then they keep them in a place where they can share said items with friends and family. It really is a geat idea and I actually suggest that everyone have a missionary kit. Even if it is just a few pass along cards, how hard is it to share a card? Idk just a cool idea and would highly suggest it to everyone.
 
Well think I will start to wrap this up. Thanks for the update about the card. Haven't received it yet, but our zone leaders aren't the greatest and picking up mail and getting it to us. But I am sure I will get it this week. Thanks for everything and for all the support.
 
Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment