Monday, June 9, 2014

June 9, 2014

Hi guys,

Wow what a week huh? To be honest I had no idea how this week was going to play out. Obviously a lot of emotions for starting the mission on year ago, and desire to work even harder this next year. It really hit me how fast this past year has flown by on Thursday and was a good time to reflect on what has happened this past year. But now my desire to work has definitely increased. A good example would be the
sons of Mosiah when hey had the desire "that salvation should be declared to every creature" (Mosiah 28:3). So ya this next year is going to crazy, and alot of good hard work will be done.

Thank you so much for the package you sent me. I had to laugh when I saw the two shirts on top. I told Elder Lloyd that white shirts are like a Hydra: You burn one, and two more replace it. Thank you for
everything else that you included in it I enjoyed everything. I especially enjoyed the snacks you included and already feel like I am eating more healthy with them. Definitely will have to buy more of them in the future. Also we have a member who gave us some ideas for some quick, healthy lunch ideas. So maybe this next year I might be able to drop a few pounds ;)

So this week we did a really good job applying the mission standards our mission president has established for us. We taught almost every single night this week which was awesome, we found a new investigators
and she came to church, and we talked to more people this week. It has been amazing to see how much more successful I felt this week when we met these standards, and helped me realize that these standards are to help us work more effectively. I definitely felt more effective in this work and a lot more happy. This week I will be focusing on teaching simple truths, talk with everyone, and obedience.

Well that is pretty much a good summary for the week. This is the last week for this transfer. I really think I will be getting a new companion due to that Elder Lloyd has been in this area for 5 transfers and is ready for a change of scenery. I am actually super excited for this next transfer and already have several good goals set
to help me work more effectively and efficiently. Like I said earlier I really want to raise my voice so that everyone can receive the Restored Gospel.

Love you all,

Elder Roberts







I think the only thing I need to explain is about the Pinata. So we
have a recent convert in our ward who loves to make pinatas. So Elder
Gonzalez, an Elder who has the same amount of time as I do, asked her
if she could make a pinata so we could celebrate our 1 year mark. So
she did and ya that is is :) It was so much fun until someone secretly
put in chili powder packets and they exploded when the pinata broke.
Haha everyone was sneezing and coughing when they exploded :) But ya
then after words Elder Awerkamp, a former companion of mine, and I
burnt our shirt to celebrate our year mark. It was so much fun! Enjoy
the photos!





No comments:

Post a Comment