Monday, August 12, 2013

August 12, 2013


Hi guys,
 
So ya another week in the mission field down. In fact we are almost done with this first transfer, we are starting week 5. So ya it is starting to pick up a little bit. I remember I emailed Adam the other week and him saying the first 3 months go by slow, the next 3 give you hope, and the next 18 fly by.

So I forgot to answer dad's question in email last week about the area I am serving in. So me and my companion, along with two other Spanish companionships are serving in 1 Spanish ward. Like I said in past emails our area is pretty big, but most of our investigators live in Westminster with a few others living around the area. Things are going pretty good. As for our baptism on the 18 of August we might still be having it, or it might not be until next transfer. The hermano we are working with isn't married to his wife so he has been working on getting married and he needs the correct papers to do so. But his birth certificate isn't the original copy and so they didn't accept it. We are going to work with him tonight to see if there is an alternative route we can take, but most likely he won't get baptized until next transfer. It sucks because we thought we were home free with it, but I guess Satan is trying everything he can to prevent us from making the necessary covenants to experience happiness.
 
Yesterday I had a new experience. We were finishing up having dinner with a member and we asked her is there was anything we could do for her. She asked if we could give her a blessing because she injured her arm a couple days ago. We agreed and asked who she would like to do the anointing and who to give the blessing. Now just to let you know, me and my companion have given several blessings, but every time I would anoint and he would give the blessing. So I thought that with 3 older missionaries the chances of me getting asked to anoint or give the blessing were small. However she asked me to give the blessing. Oh man I was so nervous and didn't know what to do, or how to do it, especially in Spanish. But in the end it was a really good experience and very spiritual. It was a cool experience to really listen to the promptings of the Spirit to say the things the Lord has promised for this Hermana.
 
Well that is pretty much everything that has happened so far. This week we have been going through the Plan of Salvation for companionship study especially with the Atonement. My understanding, and love for the Atonement have definitely grown since coming out on the mission. Mostly because it is a testimony builder to see people apply the Atonement in their lives and the happiness they have when they do apply it. I know that the Atonement is real, and that our Savior Jesus Christ performed it for us because He loves us. I am really starting to see how the Gospel can bless the lives of those who will apply the teachings of Jesus Christ to their lives, specifically the Atonement. I am so grateful for the Gospel in my life and all the blessings that come from our Heavenly Father when we obey His commandments.
 
Love you all,
 
Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment