Wednesday, August 7, 2013

August 6th, 2013

Hola Padres,

Sorry for the lateness of the email. This transfer we have zone conference and the transfer that you have zone conference you attend the temple as well. Well this week is zone conference and so they switch the day we have p-day to the day we attend the temple. So instead of p-day on Monday, we moved it to today because we attended the temple. Oh and my the way the movie that we watched in our endowment session was different than the one we saw at the Logan Temple and Provo Temple.

That is awesome that you and the Kunz family are in the same ward. We were really excited when we saw that. It's crazy you guys have to go all the way to Hyde Park for meetings every week, but I guess the Lord works in mysterious ways. I bet Bishop Murdock is going a little crazy with the task of calling new presidencies and other callings. But knowing his work ethic, and his ability to follow the prompting of the Spirit, he will do just fine.

So ya this past week has been good, and hard at the same time. To start things off, last Tuesday and Wednesday I experienced my first companionship exchanges. However I wasn't the one who left our area to another area. Nope I stayed in our area and led it for a day. Ya it was super, super, super scary and it hard at the same time. But at the same time it was a great learning experience, I really started appreciating how much my companion does when it comes to planning and actually talking to people and starting appointments. So ya that was a great experience. This week has been pretty hard though. A majority of our appointments kept falling through and we ended up dropping several investigators. It has been a little frustrating, especially when people don't keep their appointments and we have a great lesson planned for them. But it has been good at the same time, we are contacting more on the street and starting this week we are going to be knocking some doors. So I really believe it will help me with my spanish as well as my nervousness of talking to people. I remember my first street contact; I was super nervous and afraid that my spanish would suck and they would just walk away. But it went all right, I still made like 40 mistakes (didn't conjugate almost all the verbs I used) but it was still good and helped a lot. So this week is going to be great.

I have seen an improvement in my spanish though. My companion is starting to have me teach more in the lessons as well as street contacting. We have a really good system so that we both can improve and find new people. It was cool this week, during one of our daily planning session Elder Kunz said we needed to find a new family to teach, specifically with a mom, dad, and two children. Then the next day we were knocking doors and we found a family just like he said. We weren't able to teach an entire lesson, but we said a prayer with them and they seemed really interested. It was really cool to see how in tune with the Spirit my companion is, and how the Lord puts those who are ready to hear the gospel into our paths.

So we are still almost close with Hermano Alverado on getting baptized. He has set a day to get married on the 13 Aug so we are working with him to get baptized on the 18 Aug. Then also yesterday we visited another investigator, who has been investigating the church for 6 years, and committed him to baptism on the 18 Aug as well. The only thing that is stopping him is he isn't married to his girlfriend, who lives in the same house and is dragging her feet to get divorced from her other husband. But that visit was super good and the Spirit was really, really strong. It has been cool to see how important the Spirit is when we teach and how the role of the Spirit can change the lives of anyone.

Yo se que la iglesia es verdadera y el evangelio de Jesucristo is verdadero tambien. Yo se que Jesucristo es nuestro Redentor y Salvador. Yo se que is por medio la expiacion que podemos regresar a Dios y perdonar de nuestra pecados. Amo el evangelio con todo mi corazon y se que el evangelio puede ayudar todo personas que aceptarlo.
I love you guys,

Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment