Tuesday, May 13, 2014

May 12, 2014

Hi everyone,

I won't lie it is kinda hard to know what to write about after we call
home. I had the same problem when I called home for Christmas, the
following p-day I had no idea what to say. But I will try to mumble
off a few paragraphs. Forgive me if I just start rambling with no
purpose.

Well this week was kinda full of ups and downs. The week started a
little slow, and I know why which I will explain later, but after a
super bomb zone meeting and weekly planning session Thursday, things
just took off. Overall we found 3 new investigators and found several
of our less-actives in our area. It was a super good week, and I
really learned a lot about myself and this great work in which I am so
grateful to be apart of. The biggest fundamental of the Gospel that I
learned this week was Obedience brings Blessings (D&C 130 20-21).

So to start this week I was having some pain in my shins due to
breaking in new shoes. So I decided I would just take a week off from
running and exercise in the apartment doing body weight exercises.
Well Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday morning came and I stayed in bed
for an extra 30 minutes after the alarm went off. I did not get up to
exercise and I was just groggy, and tired for the entire day. Even
worse I was disobeying mission rules, constantly thinking about how
tired I was, and was not entirely focused on the work. Due to this I
know we weren't working as effective as we could have and I felt super
guilty.

Well like I said, after our zone meeting and weekly planning session
Thursday things just turned around. We made some specific goals to
work as hard as we could, and to be exactly obedient to every rule
including exercising in the morning. As we started to act on our goals
the Lord truly did guide us in the work. It was then when we found 3
new investigators, found several other people interested in the
Gospel, and overall I felt much better. I felt like I was more guided
in our planing, in what to say to the people we contacted, and more
happy.

I know that obedience and sacrifice brings the blessings of heaven.
Sometimes we might not understand exactly why we need to be obedient
to the smallest rules. But I know that is how we exercise our faith in
our Heavenly Father, put our trust in Him and our Savior Jesus Christ,
and push forward with faith in this life. I know that God will bless
us for our obedience, He will give us the strength to be obedient, and
help us understand the "whys" of His commandments. I am grateful for
all the blessings our Heavenly Father has blessed me with, and for the
experiences and trials He has given me.

Well I am going to end here. Thank you all for your love, support, and
prayers. I know the Lord is blessing you; keep seeking Him by being
obedient to His commandments as given through His prophets. His Gospel
has been Restored! I know it, I live it, I love it.

Love you all,

Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment