Monday, May 5, 2014

May 5, 2014

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the all caps email. Just wanted to make sure you all know what is happening. We found out last Sunday that we could use Skype. My companion and I will be at a member's house using their iPads to skype home. Should be fun and exciting. I agree with mom it really doesn't feel that long ago that I called home for Christmas. Haha Elder Lloyd brought up the point that the next time I call home for Mother's day I will only have a week left in the mission. CRAZY!!!! But still alot of time till that moment.

So as far as what happens with transfers, nothing happened with our companionship. Elder Lloyd and I will be staying together for another 6 weeks in the same area here in Cerritos. We are pretty excited to be together again and can't wait to just hit the pavement running. We have several good goals planned out for this transfer and we can't wait to put them into action.

Some sad news though Elder Lund will not be our District leader. He got upgraded to a zone leader and moved zones. We are pretty sad to see him go, but excited for the missionaries he will influence in his new zone. So far he has been my favorite District leader and I learned alot from him. Basically take the comments he gave about me, times them by 50 and you have Elder Lund. He is such a good Elder and I learned alot from him. He really does know how to follow the Spirit in all situations, and do things the way the Savior would do. I am going to miss him for sure.

This week was all right. Super hot though. On Tuesday and Wednesday I got burnt more than a burnt cookie. I eventually broke down and broke out the sunscreen so it wouldn't get any worse. I think the heat kinda spilled over into my attitude about the work this week. We had such a hard time finding people to teach, finding our our investigators, and we had to help the mission prepare an apartment for some sisters to move into this friday. So we had alot of distractions this week and we didn't have the greatest week.

So ya that was pretty much our week. Like I said earlier we are excited that we will be working together for another transfer and are super ready to work hard. Slowly but surely I am learning how to trust in our Heavenly Father to do His work in the way that will be effective and powerful. I know He does help us everyday, and I am really going to be striving to seek His help every day. I know this is a powerful work that is happening in the world right now. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be His missionary and bring the world the truth.

Love you all and see you all on Sunday.

Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment