Friday, May 2, 2014

April 28, 2014

Hi Everyone

This past week was awesome, and just amazing! Super hard, but just finished with indescribable joy. I honestly felt like Alma the younger when we and the son's of Mosiah met together, just full of joy and happiness. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be a missionary for our Savior Jesus Christ and for this time I have to help His work reach all the people here in California.

So if you saw the pictures you might have an idea what I am talking about. Yes, to answer mom's question: La Familia Berriel se bautizo ayer!! It such an amazing day, and just spiritually filled. I am grateful to our mission president to have made the rule that we could return to old areas to see investigators we taught get baptized. I was so excited to just be at the baptismal service. But, as you can see in the photos, I am dressed in all white. Yep Julia, the mom, asked me to baptize her and I was very grateful for the opportunity to do so. They are just an amazing family, and to see them take this step of faith was just incredible. What was also amazing was the support of the ward. I kid you not, over half of the ward showed up to the baptismal service for this family. La familia Berriel are in good hands, and an amazing ward to support them. I know that our Heavenly Father has a plan for them, and He is already making plans for them to enter the temple one year from now. Thank you for the prayers on their behalf, I know that the Lord answered you prayers and I am so grateful to you all for you support for this family. Thank you!

So that was by far the highlight of this week. Other than that it was a good week. On Saturday, we got to change out our proselyting clothes for service clothes, as well as wear the famous "Mormon Helping Hands" vest. The city of Lakewood, which is covered by our zone, did an all city service project that we were able to take part of. The missionaries and members from our ward helped an older lady by painting her window and door frames. That was a lot of fun,it was a great time to get to know the missionaries and the ward members while providing some very solid service. 

Other than that nothing too crazy happened during the week. The work is a little slow in our area right now, and we are just struggling trying to find new people to teach. But after the baptism on Sunday, my energy levels just got filled to the max and I am just super pumped for this week. Also because this is the last week of the transfer. We had to have a 5 week transfer to make up for the 7 week transfer we had in January. I don't know why they did it that way, but it is the same amount of time to work in the Savior's vineyard. So I really want to end this transfer on a high note. Should be a good week, I am super excited.

As far as calling for Mother's day, I have no idea if we will be using Skype or just a regular phone  call home. I still have the address for Skype so don't worry too much about it. I will let you know soon what we will be doing.

So ya that should wrap things up here in Cerritos. Thank you all for your support and love. Time is passing by fast, but just means I need to be working just as fast and just as hard. I know this is the Lord's work here on the earth, and I know that He is guiding us everyday. 

Love you all,

Elder Roberts




P.S. Thank you all for the gifts, they all will come in handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment