Monday, July 28, 2014

July 28th, 2014

Mis Queridos Papas,

Well another week has come to an end. The subject of this email pretty much explains how this week was: super hot, and it was the last week of the transfer. Don't worry nothing happened with our companionship,
Elder Packer and I are staying together as regular missionaries. It felt good being able to get out and work again after a week of being cooped up in the apartment. My ankle is doing good and I am able to
walk regularly and work hard. Needless to say I won't be playing basketball for at least another 3-4 weeks, I am hoping to be able to get out and run in the mornings this week so we will see how that goes.

Sounds like things went super smooth in getting Erin and Jordin moved to Salt Lake. Do you have their mailing address? I wrote them a letter today and would like to get it mailed to them since I haven't written
them for over a month. I can definitely see the Lord's hand guiding you guys in the moving which is cool to see. I think it is a confirmation that Erin and Jordin are in the right path right now. I am super excited for them and the experiences they will have in the upcoming months and years.

I know of the struggles you are having with learning Spanish mom. I remember my first few weeks in the MTC trying to learn Spanish as well. Almost the same problems. I remember our teachers teaching us grammar rules and I couldn't understand because I didn't know the vocabulary. I could see the grammar rules being used, but I could understand what the sentence said. One thing that helped me is I would focus on a specific group of vocabulary words, such as gospel words. So maybe try picking out words of certain activities you do every day and learn those words. It is definitely hard to have an equal balance between grammar rules and vocabulary. But I think as you try to use everything you know regularly, you will start committing words and grammar rules to memory. I know Dad may be intimidating to work with, but he will be help you practice outside of your class. Plus don't forget I am also here to help even though I am hundreds of miles away :)

Man I cannot believe that Tyrell Wilde is home. I can easily remember going to his farewell 2 years ago! Which means guys from my graduating class will start coming home which is crazy. I am pretty sure Taylor
Thomas will be coming home within a month or two. That is so crazy! It will be cool to get back in contact with them and hear of there experiences. Then Kyler is leaving this week! And Tyson leaves in about a month! It is so cool to see everyone answering the call to serve in this great work.

Well like I said my ankle was feeling alot better this week so we were able to get out and work. We ended up dropping a couple of our investigators last week, plus some dropped us which was sad to see. So this week we really wanted to find new investigators to start teaching. Well we planned to try by formers and potentials first and then work around them to find new people. Well that didn't bring any results so we started going door to door which to me I don't find to be very successful. So long story short we didn't find any new investigators this week which was super discouraging. This week we are going to work more with members and see if we can get referrals from them.

This transfer I feel is going to be a little difficult. I feel like we have tried by every potential and former in our area book and haven't had any success finding them or teaching them. But I know that the Lord will continue to guide us in this work. I know that there are other people who haven't been found by the missionaries who are ready to accept the Gospel. I guess I need to step out of my comfort zone and try new methods to find. We will see how this first week goes :)

Elder Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment