Monday, September 29, 2014

September 29, 2014



Hello everyone,


Well I agree with dad, another week is gone and it went way too fast. Can y'all believe that September is basically done? Just to help y'all understand how fast time is flying by, almost a year ago Elder Kunz and I baptized la familia Sobrinho in Huntington Beach and I got transferred to Whittier. Ya that was only 1 year ago, but it does not feel like it was one year ago. But ya just thought I would boggle your mind a little bit.


I will quickly answer more of mom's questions right now. Like I said in my last email this transfer is only 5 weeks and next transfer will be 7 weeks. They do it so we stay on track with the schedule Salt Lake has from what I have heard. Either way time is going to fly by as always. We do have a car in our area, but we try to only use it to go to dinner appointments, meetings, and P-Day. We do live in our area and we live fairly close to where most of our work is. My companion does run, but every once and a while he will bike along side me. So far shoes, clothes, and bike are holding up good.


Man so this week I just confirmed that I am NEVER EVER going to live in California. So on Tuesday we get a call from some other Elders asking us if we could go with them to help a member move some boxes out of her living room. So we show up but only to find that she has a cockroach problem, and it was a BIG ONE. So we literally spent 3 hours trying to clean everything and kill as many as we could. No lie we literally killed thousands of them. It was absolutely DISGUSTING!! So ya I will NEVER live in California.


Well this week turned out to be another good finding week. Once again we found 4 new investigators, 2 of them are super solid and have great intentions to act on what we share. It was actually a bit of a surprise that we had such success finding this week because it seemed like there was alot of distractions trying to pull us away from working. But we were super excited to have found these people. The Lord is definitely helping us out in our area; in the past 2 weeks we have found 8 new investigators that all are pretty solid. The thing we are going to be working on this week will be contacting and teaching them almost daily, and getting members out with us this week. This week we are also going to be working super hard to help people come to Conference.


We are super excited for this week. It is going to be a super good one full of activities. This week we have Zone Conference on Thursday, and then General Conference on Saturdayand Sunday. Then, to top it all off, next Tuesday we are going to the Temple as a Zone. So ya this week is going to fly by super fast, but we are going to definitely put in every bit of effort possible to help those we have found to learn more about the Gospel.



Hope everything is going well for y'all back home. I hope y'all are ready for Conference this weekend. I know we super excited about it and we are already making some plans to make it even more enjoyable. Have fun playing Conference Bingo this year! Have a good week.


Love,


Elder Roberts




p.s. The terrible tres representing our favorite teams from the World Cup. Sort of I was rooting more for Mexico, but Brazil looked like a Powerhouse so I will support them.

No comments:

Post a Comment